Atomic Diversions

Atomic Diversions shares thoughts and photos from diversions that interest Rod Adams. Feel free to comment, but it really does not matter much if anyone else cares.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Cherry Blossom ride

Like many tourists, I have taken some Washington DC cherry blossom pictures. This year, however, I forgot my camera several days in a row, though I enjoyed some wonderful early morning rides last month through a spectacular display. If you have never seen the blossoms, I highly recommend it, but I dislike riding my bike through crowds. It is amazing, however, how beautiful (and empty) the tidal basin area is during first light.

Here is a sample picture that I believe was actually taken by a friend in the mid-afternoon, but I thought it would at least help you build the mind's eye picture of what the blossoms might look like with the soft early morning light and no crowds.



I'll try to do better about remembering to bring my own camera so that the pictures are genuine bike trip photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home